The London Supertrunk Show 2022 on 7th May 2022 is an annual shoe event hosted by leading authorities of the shoe industry The Shoegazing Blog and The Shoe Snob.
This one day event on 7th May gathers shoe brands, shoe makers and shoe shiners from all over the world.
The supertrunk also play hosts to these 3 shoe competitions :
1) The World Championship in Shoe Shining,
2) The World Championship in Shoe Patina and
3) TheWorld Championship in Shoe making
This year for the first time, Mason and Smith will be competiting in the finals of 2 of the event. Ash will be competing in the World Championship in Shoe Shining 2022 while John Chung, winner of the 2018 World Championship in Shoeshining will take part in the World Championship in Shoe Patina 2022.
Rules of the event:
1. World Championship in Shoes Patina - The 3 finalist will work to paint a pair of crust leather Shoes from TLB Malloca Artista series to any desired colour. They are only allowed to use 5 selected color dyes from Saphir, 1 selected cream and 1 selected wax. Each contestant is given 5 hours to complete the patina from start to finish
2. World Championship in Shoeshining - The contestant are given 20 minutes to polish one side of a Loake 1880 Aldwych (Captoe oxford) in Mahogany in an attempt to produce the best shine possible. They are only allowed to bring their own shoe polishing cloth; everything else such as the wax and creams are provided for by Saphir.